Course Booking Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Governor Support Services Course Bookings
Effective Date: 17 May 2018
- These Course Booking Terms and Conditions set out the terms and conditions for the Governor Support Service course bookings made through the governor.support website.
- By booking a course through the governor.support website, or any other method offered by the Governor Support Service, you agree to be legally bound by these Course Booking Terms and Conditions.
“Course Fee” is the fee charged for attending the course or programme.
“Personal Data” has the meaning as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act
“Special Categories of Personal Data” has the meaning as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act
“You” means the person, company, or organisation, browsing and/or using the www.governor.support website and “your” should be interpreted accordingly.
“We”/“Us”/“Our” means the Governor Support Service (a service of the Schools Hr Co-operative Ltd (SHRCO)) and should be construed accordingly.
“Website” means the governor.support website.
- Course bookings made through the website will require information including (but not limited to):
- Full name of delegate
- Full school name
- Telephone number
- Email address.
- In accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use, your course booking is not confirmed until you have received, by email, notification that explicitly states that your course booking has been approved.
- Multiple bookings from one school are permitted.
- In the event that a delegate is unable to attend then the approved booking may be able to be assigned to a new delegate – this can be done free of charge, by the person who made the booking, by contacting us. Only one delegate substitution per booking is permitted – we reserve the right to charge the full course fee (where applicable) for second or subsequent substitution requests.
Course Booking Payment and Terms
- Once a course booking is approved, and you are required to pay a course fee (if applicable), you will be issued with an invoice for that course fee
- The invoice will include instructions for how payment is to be made and may include a reference number/purchase order number that you are required to include with your payment. Generally payment will be accepted by Bacs transfer or cheque.
- If you wish to cancel your course booking you can do this by contacting us on 01895 717321 or email@example.com . Should you fail to give notice of cancellation prior to the commencement of the training session then the full course fee (where applicable) will be charged.
- From time to time the course provider may need to make alterations to a training course for reasons including, but not limited to: illness, adverse weather, or insufficient delegate numbers. The Governor Support Service reserve the right, where practicable, to offer alternative course dates or substitute the course trainer to enable the course to go ahead. If the alternative dates are not suitable for confirmed delegates, then the course fee will be refunded in full where a course fee is applicable.
- If a course needs to be cancelled, we will notify the person who has booked the course by email. All course fees paid (where applicable) will be refunded in full.
- The Governor Support Service and/or the course provider reserves the right to remove any delegate as a result of disruptive or inappropriate behaviour – any decision to do this will be at the sole discretion of the course trainer. In such circumstances we will not offer any refund or alternative course date.
Data Protection and Privacy
Collection of Personal Information
- The Governor Support Service processes personal data and special categories of personal data to support the administration of courses that are available to be booked on the website.
- Personal data is data that relates to a living person who can be identified from the data (‘data subject’).
- Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, and mobile telephone number.
- Special categories of personal data means personal data consisting of information as to:
- religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature (for dietary requirements for course catering where offered and information is collected)
- Physical or mental health or condition (for access requirements to course venues).
- Your data will be held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act.
- The data you submit as part of your course booking may be downloaded and transferred to the course provider’s own system where a course provider is using their own system to deliver or manage the course.
- If you book a course on the governor.support website, then the course provider will have access to your personal information for the purpose of delivering and/or administering the course. Course providers may copy and hold some or all of this data locally in their own systems to facilitate their administration of the course.
- Further information about how we may use your information is detailed in our Terms and Conditions of Use.
Validity of the Course Booking Terms and Conditions
- If any part or provision of these Course Booking Terms and Conditions is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
Changes to the Course Booking Terms and Conditions
- If we change the Course Booking Terms and Conditions, we will post the revised version with an updated effective date. If we make significant changes to the Course Booking Terms and Conditions, we may also notify you by other means such as sending an email or posting a notice on our website and/or course booker portal.