Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions of Use for the Governor Support Service Ltd Website (www.governor.support)
Effective Date: 17 May 2018
- These Terms and Conditions of Use set out the terms and conditions for use of governor.support website. By registering with this website and using our services, you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use.
“Personal Data” has the meaning as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act.
“Special Categories of Personal Data” has the meaning as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act.
“You” means the person, company, or organisation, browsing and/or using the governor.support website and “your” should be interpreted accordingly.
“We”/”Us” means the Governor Support Service Ltd and should be construed accordingly.
“Website” means the governor.support website.
- You are required to provide a valid email address when you register for a course or complete a contact form on the website.
- If you supply an incorrect email address then you will not receive messages sent by the Governor Support Service Ltd in relation to any courses you have booked or enquiries raised.
- We do not guarantee reliability of email and if you are concerned about the status of your course booking please contact us.
Passwords and Security
- Passwords should be kept in a secure environment and must not be shared. Any suspected breaches of security should be reported to us immediately.
- We offer the convenience of making online course bookings through our website.
- If you are unable to book a course online please contact the Governor Support Service who will provide you with an alternative means for booking.
- Course bookings are dynamic and subject to available spaces and minimum numbers of delegates. When you, or your Course Booking Organiser, make a booking you will receive notification, by email, when your booking is approved.
- For the avoidance of doubt your course booking is not approved until you have received, by email, notification that explicitly states that your course booking has been approved.
- All approved course bookings are subject to the Course Booking Terms and Conditions that will be available to you at the point of course booking and when your booking is approved. By booking a course through our website you agree to be bound by the Course Booking Terms and Conditions. A copy of the Course Booking Terms and Conditions are available here.
- Course booking information is retained on the website for a minimum of 12 months after the course date, and will then be deleted after that date. This information is retained for this period to enable us to identify course attendance statistics and assist with invoicing you for your attendance on a course.
Data Protection and Privacy
Collection of Personal Information
- We process personal data and special categories of personal data to support the administration of courses that are available to be booked on the website.
- Personal data is data that relates to a living person who can be identified from the data (‘data subject’).
- Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Contact information including email address, telephone number, and mobile telephone number.
- Special categories of personal data means personal data consisting of information as to:
- religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature (for dietary requirements for course catering where offered
- physical or mental health or condition (for access requirements to course venues).
- Your data will be held securely and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act.
- If you book a course on the website, then the course provider will have access to your personal information for the purpose of delivering and/or administering the course. Course providers may copy and hold some or all of this data locally in their own systems to facilitate their administration of the course.
Use of Your Information
- By using the website, you agree that we may collect, hold, process and use your information (including personal information) for the purpose:
- personalising your visits to the website pages to improve the services provided to you;
- providing customer service and support;
- communicating (and personalising such communication) with you;
- carrying out technical and statistical analysis to measure the performance of our services.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
- The security of your personal information is taken very seriously and we have appropriate physical, technical, and administrative procedures in place to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure as required by law in England.
- This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other sites.
- We will not sell or share your information for marketing purposes.
- We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Union.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information.
- We shall not be liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- We reserve the right to restrict or deny you access to all or some parts of the website if, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The Governor Support Service Ltd, in its sole discretion and without liability to you or any third party, may suspend or terminate, with or without notice, your access to the website and/or the services or any of your passwords or accounts within the services, and may remove and discard any content within the services, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if the Governor Support Service believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with these Terms and Conditions of Use. Where there is a breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use, the rights described in this paragraph are not the Governor Support Service Ltd only remedy and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate in connection with such breach.
Intellectual Property and Permitted Use
- Governor Support Service Ltd are the owners or licensees of the intellectual property rights in the governor.support website and the material published there on.
- You may print and download extracts from the website for personal non-commercial use on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics are modified in any way;
- no graphics are used separately from accompanying text;
And you agree not to:
- use the governor.support website for commercial purposes without obtaining our prior written agreement; or
- copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post or transmit in any form or by any means any of the content on the website except as permitted above.
Third Party Content and Links
- We are not liable or responsible for any third party content on the website.
- Where the website contains links to other sites and resources which are provided by third parties, these links and resources are provided for your information only and you access them at your own risk. We are not liable or responsible for the content of third party sites or resources.
- The material contained on the website is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. You should carry out your own check in respect of any information on the website and use your own judgement before doing or not doing anything on the basis of what you view. Unless expressly stated in writing by us, or required by law, we give no warranties of any kind in relation to the materials on the website.
- We are not liable for:
- any action you may take as a result of relying on any information/materials provided on the website or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you taking such action; or
- any dealings you have with third parties (e.g. other users or advertisers) that take place using, or facilitated by, website pages; or
- any liability for losses which are not a foreseeable or likely consequence of (i) your use of the website, or (ii) a breach by us of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- We are not responsible if you experience difficulty accessing the website because of any event outside our control (e.g. the performance of your or our internet service provider, your browser or the internet.)
- The website relies in part on software to work. While we monitor the website, and attempt to fix bugs promptly we do not guarantee that the website will be error free, available all the time and/or free from viruses.
Validity of the Terms and Conditions of Use
- If any part or provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is found to be unlawful or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of any other part or provision.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- The website is governed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and any claim brought by you arising from, or related to, use of the website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use
- If we change the Terms and Conditions of Use, we will post the revised version with an updated effective date. If we make significant changes to the Terms and Conditions of Use, we may also notify you by other means such as sending an email or posting a notice on our website.