Outstanding and Beyond (Afternoon Session)
- 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- John Locke Academy
However governance in your school/academy is currently graded, this workshop can contribute to board self-evaluation. It supports preparation for an Ofsted Inspection.
– explore the context of school/ academy improvement including the Competency Framework for Governance
– examine their governing board’s role in whole school/academy self-evaluation
– evaluate their board’s engagement with the school/academy development plan
– practise the skills involved in responding to reports from the head and other staff
– identify characteristics of outstanding governing boards
– develop an action plan to maximise the impact of their governing board on school improvement
Participants are asked to bring their SEF, SDP and minutes of a recent board meeting (minus confidential items), to the session.
Afternoon session (an evening session is also available)
Date and time: Thurs, 09-Nov-17 13:00-15:30 hours
Venue: John Locke Academy, Uxbridge
Event reference: GSS17/033
Provider: Michele Robbins, Governance Consultant
Register for this course
Please note: Registering for a course does not guarentee a place. GSS will contact you shortly to confirm your registration and acceptance onto the course requested.